The purpose of the Locating, Exposing, and Advanced Testing Course is to introduce the most commonly used methods for the OS Inspector to locate, expose and test components of an onsite system including tanks, treatment systems, chambers, gravity-fed fields and pressure distribution mounds. Through the use of photographs, videos and comprehensive study materials, you will learn how to test these systems, even if there is little or no documentation available and /or they are not readily accessible from the surface.
This online course lets you work at your own pace, and test your progress using the quizzes at the end of modules within the course. Following the completion of this course, you will be able to write the qualification exam.
This course covers the following topics:
- Arriving on the site
- Locating the onsite system
- Exposing system components carefully and accurately
- Avoiding damage to buildings, landscapes, and other structures
- Advanced testing techniques and technologies
- Examining pumps, controls, alarms, and related equipment
- Specific situations you will encounter
- Developing your skills of observation
- Legal limitations you must consider
- Tools and equipment you will need
- Dealing with difficult individuals
- Comprehensive case studies to examine
- The course includes the following materials:
- Eight video tutorials (more than 60 minutes) to reinforce your learning
- Comprehensive study materials - over 300 individual study slides
- Quizzes to test your knowledge - multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, essay style, and true / false formats
- Over 100 photographs of typical onsite situations
All the course material is included in this comprehensive online package. You do not need to purchase any texts or other resources.
CLICK HERE to be directed to the Online Course